REVISED Pre-registration Instructions
for Protecting God’s Children™ Training Sessions (printer-friendly version)
All participants must pre-register for the session they would like to attend.
The complete schedule of sessions is available during the pre-registration process.
1. Go to www.virtus.org
2. On the left-hand side of the page, click the yellow link labeled "Registration” just below the login button. Do NOT try to log in.
3. Choose “Begin the Registration Process”
4. Choose “Columbus,OH (Diocese)” as your organization, click select.
5. Create a user ID and a password you can easily remember. If the User ID you create is already in use, the system will make you choose a different one. Click continue.
6. Provide the information requested. Several fields are required, such as name, address, phone number and email address. Click continue to proceed.
7. Since many people volunteer for several parishes/schools, select the primary location where you work, volunteer or worship on this page. (Do not select the location of your training site in this section.) Click continue.
8. Your current list of locations is now displayed. If you need to add an additional location, choose YES, otherwise, choose NO.
9. Select all the role(s) that you serve within the church. Enter a title in the box (e.g., Parent Volunteer, Coach, DRE, Catechist, etc.) Click continue to proceed.
10. A second page of roles will be displayed, please select all that apply. Click continue.
11. Answer three YES/NO questions and then click continue.
12. When asked if you have already attended a Protecting God’s Children Session, click NO.
13. You will be presented with a list of all upcoming sessions within the diocese. When you find the session you would like to attend, click the circle next to the title. If the session you would like to attend is full, please select another session.
You will see a message on your screen confirming that you have completed the registration process. If you entered an e-mail address, you should receive an e-mail confirmation; however many e-mail services have anti-spam software that block out Virtus messages.